Saturday, November 14, 2009

Off Target/ On Target



I predicted for Manny Pacquiao to knock out Miguel Cotto in the fourth round but unlike in the Ricky Hatton fight where I hit the bull's eye, I was several rounds off this time.

But I can still say that I was not really way off the mark since the Boricua Bomber was just really saved by the bell in that fateful fourth round.

And truth is, after that second knockdown, it marked the beginning of the end for him since the Pacman broke his will and silenced his vaunted bombs en route to a one-sided fight until referee Kenny Bayless stopped the carnage in 55 seconds of the 12th round to hand Manny Pacquiao his seventh title in seven weight division and a place in the sacred pantheon of great boxers and lore.

So in a way, I still hit the mark so to speak.


Here's a video of a relax and funny Pacman at the the post fight press conference--


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails